Expressive Arts Therapy and Mindfulness Approaches to Trauma Recovery
Applies to Certification - Certified Trauma Integration Clinician
$145 + HST
Participant Feedback (the most valuable aspect of this workshop):
Helped me to understand the process of thinking, realizing, and concretely achieving what was hope to be achieved.
Insightful. Very much appreciated.
Practical activities. Loved creating!
Advance registration is required, limited spaces available to ensure individualized attention. Please contact email@example.com to register.
Live Online Workshop: Expressive Arts Therapy And Mindfulness Approaches To Trauma - Trauma Integration Clinician Stream
6 Hour Training
This unique training will explore how and why the expressive arts works, especially as a tool in trauma intervention, while providing a foundational and experiential approach to the various expressive arts therapy modalities both individually and in relationship to each other – through a mindfulness based lens.
Working with a variety of integrative, multimodal arts processes, the aim will be to increase recognition and use of the expressive arts as a central and creative integrative tool for psychological, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Developing a strong therapeutic relationship is paramount in our work with clients and is a central focus of this workshop.
- Trauma from the perspective of affect regulation and repressive coping
- Roots of expressive arts therapy
- How expressive arts works to support the externalization of emotions and somatic experiences
- The pain paradox
- Mindfulness based meditation overview
- Experiential expressive arts therapy techniques
Upon completion of training, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of expressive arts therapy
- Develop confidence in the use of therapeutic art techniques
- Discover the role mindfulness plays in relation to expressive arts therapy and healing from trauma
- Gain a deeper understanding of the manifestation of somatic responses to trauma and the role the expressive arts can play in relation to calming and healing these responses
- Start a ‘tool kit’ of therapeutic art techniques
- Learn how the therapeutic relationship is enhanced through mindful presence
*Please note that online registrations include an additional fee to cover associated fees for using these products. You can make an transfer through online banking at no extra cost.