Workshop: Attachment Informed Parenting - Training to implement manualized program
Pre-requisite* Must have completed ITATM-A or ITATM Part 1 2 day training
This program is a 10-session workshop for parent and caregivers focusing on learning the keys to forming a healthy attachment relationship with their child. Each session includes attachment enhancing activities, a psychoeducation component, self-reflection, and a take home activity.
Parents and Caregivers will learn:
· How to engage in conscious and brain based parenting.
· How to create resiliency, empowerment, and healthy parent-child relationships.
· How trauma impacts the brain, body, and behaviour.
· How to regulate your child's behaviour using sensory strategies.
· To consider how your attachment experiences have shaped your current relationships.
· You will also be provided age specific strategies and resources to increase attachment and prevent melt-downs.
This workshop is ideal for parents and caregivers of children and youth seeking to enhance their relationship with their child or their understanding of how to parent in a strengths-focused brain-based manner. Parents, foster parents, adoptive parents, grandparents and other caregivers are all appropriate participants for this workshop. Class sizes will remain small to allow for reflection, discussion, customized solutions, and practical application. Caregiver wellness will also be a component of this workshop.
Through this training participants will gain an awareness of:
- program format and structure
- session focus areas
- key considerations when delivering this program
- anticipated benefits and outcome measures
- how to organize and facilitate this program in their community or workplace
A complete manualized program with powerpoint slides, presenter notes, and video training samples are also available for purchase.
*Please note that online registrations include an additional fee to cover associated fees for using these products. You can make an transfer through online banking at no extra cost.