Distance Learning - Trauma-Informed Youth Justice
3-Hour Training *Online $175
Applies to certification – All certification levels
This workshop will help participants develop a trauma-informed perspective regarding youth justice and identify the key features of a trauma-informed youth justice system. A review of TLC's evidence-based SITCAP-ART program as well as other best practice approaches will be included.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- providing sensory interventions to at risk and adjudicated youth
- how to help someone who has experienced trauma
- how systems retraumatize and how to create a trauma-informed youth justice system
- understanding substance use, sexualized behaviours, cutting, and delinquent behaviour through a trauma informed lens
- learning how to reduce at risk behaviours and promote regulation
All ATTCH trainings are based on current research by leading experts in trauma and attachment and include best-practice and evidence-based techniques and approaches.
It provided me with a whole new outlook on children and their behaviour; helped me to see they need to be empowered and cared for even at a young age.
Learning how attachment and trauma impacts the brain and future behaviour
Understanding how youth justice can become more trauma informed and supportive to prevent further escalation and recurrence
Amazing! Thank you so much!!
This just opened a door for me for more learning and reading!
*Please note that online registrations include an additional fee to cover associated fees for using these products. You can make an transfer through online banking at no extra cost.