Healing Trauma: Cool Hacks for Kids, Teens (their Parents), and Adults Featuring Guest Speakers: Christin Mullen, LMFT and Liliana Casas Hernandez, LMFT
*2 Day training. Gain insight into leading edge treatments including integrative approaches to healing trauma. Join us in learning proven, effective, concrete tools to help kids, teens and adults heal from trauma. Expand your trauma skills by learning new hacks that kids, teens and adults welcome in their recovery (including so called “resistant” clients). Strengthen your repertoire of tools for creating safety and rapport with children, teens and adults who have experienced trauma. Participants will:
- Learn tips and techniques for working with works with immigrant and refugees/ asylum seekers.
- Learn evidence based one-time crisis intervention strategies that are effective in healing.
- Develop creative ways of resourcing kids and teens and helping them connect with their inner strengths.
- Experience rich, useful examples for working with kids, teens and their parents.
- Explore how trauma affects a child during the different developmental stages and how to invite parents to support their child’s recovery.
- Deepen your knowledge and capacity to speak about neuroplasticity and the tremendous capacity for healing in terms parents and kids can hear.
- Provide a concrete way of working with the child parent dyad to create safety, strengthen the relationship and enhance emotional well being.
- Recognize impact of Kaiser’s ACEs study and significant health risks associated with unhealed trauma and effective tools to help mitigate risk and promote resilience.
- Recognize the therapeutic power of group work in healing, opening, decreasing shame and building resilience.
- Develop a practice of using hacks for self recovery to decrease compassion fatigue.
- Aquire skills for supporting the trauma therapist to resource and decrease compassion fatigue.
Please note that an online convenience fee is included to avoid paying this you can etransfer payment or pay via cheque.