Distance Learning - Writing the Way Through: An Immersive Journal Therapy Experience for Working Through Trauma Featuring Guest Speaker: Cherie L. Spehar, LCSW, ACTP, RPT-S
Full-Day Training *Online $260+HST
Applies to certification – All certification levels
Writing the Way Through: An Immersive Journal Therapy Experience for Working Through Trauma Featuring Guest Speaker: Cherie L. Spehar, LCSW, ACTP, RPT-S
Have you ever offered writing activities to your clients? Do you invite them into a journaling process, but don’t always know where to go from there? Would you love some new ideas that work in synergy with trauma healing, as well as learning some important Journal Therapy touch points like “Ethical Invitation”, “Sensitive Reflection Processes”, and immediately usable techniques to guide your clients through their healing? If this sounds exciting, please join me for a day long immersive and experiential training where you will become equipped and resourced in this very special landscape of the field of Journal Therapy as a standalone trauma therapy approach, how to integrate it into your treatment planning and other therapeutic modalities, how to pace clients with techniques designed to match their current level of emotional safety, and at least 10 new activities that will deepen, enrich, and actualize healing while working with the client’s own voice and guidance.
- Learn basic principles of Journal Therapy and its integration into a broad age and population range.
- Be able to recognize the ethical principles connected to using Journal Therapy methods in a trauma healing process.
- Learn specific techniques for assessing readiness, and parameters around the therapist’s roles, and client’s permission in processing of their sacred and creative works.
- Be introduced to a framework for sensory safety and type of journal therapy techniques.
- Learn and experience at least 10 new Journal Therapy, Art Journal Therapy, and Play Based Journal Therapy techniques.
*Please note that online registrations include an additional fee to cover associated fees for using these products. You can make an transfer through online banking at no extra cost.