Live Online Workshop: Expressive Arts Therapy And Mindfulness Approaches To Trauma - Trauma Integration Clinician Stream
6 Hour Training
This unique training will explore how and why the expressive arts works, especially as a tool in trauma intervention, while providing a foundational and experiential approach to the various expressive arts therapy modalities both individually and in relationship to each other – through a mindfulness based lens.
Working with a variety of integrative, multimodal arts processes, the aim will be to increase recognition and use of the expressive arts as a central and creative integrative tool for psychological, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Developing a strong therapeutic relationship is paramount in our work with clients and is a central focus of this workshop.
- Trauma from the perspective of affect regulation and repressive coping
- Roots of expressive arts therapy
- How expressive arts works to support the externalization of emotions and somatic experiences
- The pain paradox
- Mindfulness based meditation overview
- Experiential expressive arts therapy techniques
Upon completion of training, participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of expressive arts therapy
- Develop confidence in the use of therapeutic art techniques
- Discover the role mindfulness plays in relation to expressive arts therapy and healing from trauma
- Gain a deeper understanding of the manifestation of somatic responses to trauma and the role the expressive arts can play in relation to calming and healing these responses
- Start a ‘tool kit’ of therapeutic art techniques
- Learn how the therapeutic relationship is enhanced through mindful presence
*Please note that online registrations include an additional fee to cover associated fees for using these products. You can make an transfer through online banking at no extra cost.